We stand for ambition, excellence and community.
We are ambitious for all our young people. We want them all to become the best they can be and the best they are meant to be in every aspect of their development. We are equally ambitious for our staff, to become great leaders in public service.
We set the bar high. We don't recognise "good enough". Cranmer is about excellence – it is at the heart of everything we do.
We are a Church of England Trust. Therefore, we serve the whole community. We welcome all
schools and all people into our Trust, both faith-designated or community, who want to go on
a journey together to build a great future for children and young people
We work collaboratively, share good practice and have a Trust-wide approach to development. Staff are supported and developed professionally to make sure they can do that and are valued and recognised for their work.
To transform the life chances of children and young people through excellent education and outstanding schools.
- To transform the life chances of children and young people through excellent education and outstanding schools.
- To build on the inspiration and legacy of Thomas Henshaw, who founded schools which have enabled young people in Oldham to build their future for nearly 2 centuries.
- To nurture our pupils to become good people good friends, neighbours, citizens, parents, whom we are proud to know
All our young people will enjoy a rich, stimulating education that enables them to become everything they can be and are meant to be.
- All our young people will enjoy a rich, stimulating education that enables them to become everything they can be and are meant to be
- All our staff will model behaviours for our young people of high expectations, kindness, personal responsibility and generosity of spirit.
- We have the highest expectations of all our children and young people on their educational journey; to achieve excellence, meet and exceed national expectations and be able to progress confidently to further education, training, employment and life.
- Our Trust will balance the need for central systems for consistency, effectiveness and strategic planning with the need to foster and support responsibility, creativity and commitment at the individual school level.
We serve children and young people of all faiths and denominations and none. We will nurture Christian children in their faith.
- We believe in the unique worth and value of every individual. As a Christian foundation, we express this in our belief in e very child as a child of God, equal, worthy of respect, entitled to nurture, opportunities and a future where they can and will do go od as they go along.
- We serve children and young people of all faiths and denominations and none. We will nurture Christian children in their faith, support children of other faiths in theirs and seek to ensure that all children understand the significance of faith.
- We are committed to the development of all staff throughout their careers and to growing inspiring, committed, highly skilled and reflective teachers.
- We work collaboratively. We commit, we share, we invest and we learn, to build a system that enables all children and young people, and those who serve them, to thrive.
- Our schools are communities that bring together young people from different social, cultural and faith backgrounds to build a cohesive, integrated, respectful community for all.
A proud history
The Cranmer Education Trust was incorporated as a multi-academy Trust on 1st May 2015. It grew out of a single academy trust, The Blue Coat School, which first opened in 1834. This community has served Oldham and beyond since Thomas Henshaw, a hatter of the town, left all his money to build a school for the (then) poor of the town. And Henshaw believed you should not get something for nothing, and you had to work hard for what you earned. His generous bequest inspired other people and business of Oldham to also contribute to the establishment of the school. We are proud that our school trust is rooted in the generosity of an inspirational man and a community working together. This inspires our Trust vision. It is what makes us special and shapes us. We are a family.
We are growing are prepared and we have invested and planned for sustainable growth of our group of schools, we have built our structures and partnerships over many years, truly working together across our region and beyond and through the growth of our schools and our people. We are realising more than ever how deeply empowering it is for us to work across our schools, in teaching, in leadership, in teaching support and in business support. We eliminate silos, and through alignment in our organisation we elevate our people. This is an exciting time as we continue our mission and grow, we are only just getting started.
Schools in our Trust
Our schools are communities
The Trust was formed from The Blue Coat School, which is an outstanding secondary school in Oldham that has a large, established and successful sixth form. The Trust expanded to include St George's CofE Primary School from September 2015, Mayfield Primary School from January 2016 , St. Anne's Academy from March 2020 and The Brian Clarke CE Academy from September 2022.
The Cranmer Education Trust also includes Manchester Nexus SCITT – school centred Initial Teacher Training founded September 2017. The opportunity to help train new teachers provides professional and career development for established staff. We are also proud to run the East Manchester Teaching School Hub through which we work with schools, school trusts, colleges and local authorities across the region to invest in the recruitment, development, and retention of teachers and leaders at all stages of their career. We have an unequivocal vision for excellence in the education of the children and young people that we serve. This is an exciting time as we continue our mission and grow, we are only just getting started, because great people build great schools for great education.