We stand for ambition, excellence and community.
We are ambitious for all our young people. We want them all to become the best they can be and the best they are meant to be in every aspect of their development. We are equally ambitious for our staff, to become great leaders in public service.
We set the bar high. We don't recognise "good enough". Cranmer is about excellence – it is at the heart of everything we do.
We are a Church of England Trust. Therefore, we serve the whole community. We welcome all
schools and all people into our Trust, both faith-designated or community, who want to go on
a journey together to build a great future for children and young people
We work collaboratively, share good practice and have a Trust-wide approach to development. Staff are supported and developed professionally to make sure they can do that and are valued and recognised for their work.
To transform the life chances of children and young people through excellent education and outstanding schools.
- To transform the life chances of children and young people through excellent education and outstanding schools.
- To build on the inspiration and legacy of Thomas Henshaw, who founded schools which have enabled young people in Oldham to build their future for nearly 2 centuries.
- To nurture our pupils to become good people good friends, neighbours, citizens, parents, whom we are proud to know
All our young people will enjoy a rich, stimulating education that enables them to become everything they can be and are meant to be.
- All our young people will enjoy a rich, stimulating education that enables them to become everything they can be and are meant to be
- All our staff will model behaviours for our young people of high expectations, kindness, personal responsibility and generosity of spirit.
- We have the highest expectations of all our children and young people on their educational journey; to achieve excellence, meet and exceed national expectations and be able to progress confidently to further education, training, employment and life.
- Our Trust will balance the need for central systems for consistency, effectiveness and strategic planning with the need to foster and support responsibility, creativity and commitment at the individual school level.
We serve children and young people of all faiths and denominations and none. We will nurture Christian children in their faith.
- We believe in the unique worth and value of every individual. As a Christian foundation, we express this in our belief in e very child as a child of God, equal, worthy of respect, entitled to nurture, opportunities and a future where they can and will do go od as they go along.
- We serve children and young people of all faiths and denominations and none. We will nurture Christian children in their faith, support children of other faiths in theirs and seek to ensure that all children understand the significance of faith.
- We are committed to the development of all staff throughout their careers and to growing inspiring, committed, highly skilled and reflective teachers.
- We work collaboratively. We commit, we share, we invest and we learn, to build a system that enables all children and young people, and those who serve them, to thrive.
- Our schools are communities that bring together young people from different social, cultural and faith backgrounds to build a cohesive, integrated, respectful community for all.
A proud history
The Cranmer Education Trust was incorporated as a multi-academy Trust on 1st May 2015. It grew out of a single academy trust of The Blue Coat School which first opened in 1834. The reason that we established the Cranmer Education Trust in 2015 is because we had our lead secondary school, Blue Coat, to a point where it was an absolutely outstanding school and we wanted to share that and make a Blue coat education possible for many more people.
This community has served Oldham and beyond since 1830 when Thomas Henshaw, a hatter of the town, left all his money to build a school for the (then) poor of the town. And Henshaw believed you should not get something for nothing, and you had to work hard for what you earned. His generous bequest inspired other people and business of Oldham to also contribute to the establishment of the Blue Coat School. This is what built Blue Coat – an inspirational man and a community working together.
This inspires our Trust vision. It is what makes us special and shapes us. We are a family.
Schools in our Trust
Our schools are communities
The Trust was formed from The Blue Coat School, which is an outstanding secondary school in Oldham that has a large, established and successful sixth form. The Trust expanded to include St George's CofE Primary School from September 2015, Mayfield Primary School from January 2016 and St. Anne's Academy from March 2020.
The Cranmer Education Trust also includes Manchester Nexus SCITT – school centred Initial Teacher Training founded September 2017. The opportunity to help train new teachers provides professional and career development for established staff.
The Cranmer Education Trust will be opening a new secondary school in Oldham in 2022 for 1,200 pupils, The Brian Clarke CE Academy.